COMM has developed the complete the measurement protocol to enable you to determine accurate flowrates, flow characteristics (peaks) and compositional analysis of low pressure cyclical gas from low pressure vessels and atmospheric storage tanks.
- Portable, compact measurement unit that can be transported
anywhere in the world.
- Simple, quick and accurate (99%) method to measure vent/flare
- Open pipe design with no back pressure on vent/flare system.
- Unit logs data from every 5 seconds which gives a complete
profile of flow characteristics (pressure, temperature,
flowrate, time/date stamp).
- Can be used in conjunction with SCADA systems.
- Can use self-contained battery pack in remote locations
or 120-volt AC power.
- Meter can measure flows of 1000 SCFD to 10 MMSCFD.
Rather than estimate, COMM's VMU can help you accurately determine how much you are flaring or venting to the atmosphere. While measuring, we take a gas sample and perform a gas analysis to assess the composition of the gas. Once the volume of gas, flow characteristics and the BTU content are known with certainty, COMM will develop the options to reduce or recover the gas.
For offshore platforms, COMM can help you comply with Subpart K metering requirements.
Contact COMM and we can assess your facilities to rank possible measurement locations and set up a site measurements.